The Truth About Stem Cells
- Orthopaedic issues are the #1 leading cause of disability in the United States.¹
- Patients are looking for reparative medicine options to help them heal the natural way or turn to these options if they have tried conservative therapies (physical therapy, injections, medications) and they are not ready for major, invasive orthopaedic surgery.
- Patients are being lured in and misled by stem cell ads.
- Stem cell technologies typically are not FDA compliant and are offered by injection clinics at high costs.
Stem Cell Ads are Everywhere
Don’t Buy into the Hype!
More and more ads online, in newspapers, magazines, and billboards for unproven “stem cell therapies”.
These are offered by Injection Clinics from providers that do not have a specialty or advanced training in the musculoskeletal system.
Patients are lured by unverified claims:
- Pain Relief
- Avoid surgery
- Tissue “Regeneration”
- Treating a variety of inflammatory, degenerative, or autoimmune conditions.
Unproven treatments may present serious health, personal and financial considerations:
- Complications may create additional acute and chronic health issues.
- Experimental treatments may disqualify patients from future clinical trials and treatment options.
Patients desperate for solutions may be easily duped into spending a significant amount of money for a therapy that may not provide them with a legitimate solution.